At Linwood High the Modern Languages Department put on a range of activities to celebrate EDL 2013 involving both staff and pupils celebrating the linguistic diversity of Europe. Some of the activities included:
- a French "Fact or Fiction" quiz for S1 & S2 – a treasure hunt around the school to find the Fact or Fiction posters then decide which 5 facts were actually fiction.
- a French breakfast café, hosted at breaktime on the 26th, for S1s and S2s – croissants, pain au chocolat, brioche, hot chocolate and orange juice were all on offer.
- S1s and S3s had a quiz all about France.
- S4, S5 & S6 enjoyed working with our Spanish speaking Hungarian Comenius assistant.
- the staff enjoyed a "pot luck" lunch where each staff member contributed a European themed dish for a big buffet lunch to officially welcome Anita, our Hungarian Comenius assistant.
- Staff were also issued with a Greetings sheet with "hello" or "good morning" in a range of different European Languages to allow them to greet their classes in a different language.
- all those who participated received a Linwood High School European Day of Languages sticker.
- Prizes were also awarded to the winners of the Fact or Fiction quiz and to the group with the highest points from S1 for the French quiz.
All in all it was a busy day and the Modern Languages Department would like to thank all those pupils and staff who participated.
Merci! ¡Gracias! Vielen Dank!